Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Watermelon punch

no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Watermelon punch

by Heather Y » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:52 pm

Hiccup!
Oh my G-D (hic), I made the most amazing cocktail tonight.! That was before the three bottles of wine (between six) with dinner. Yikes.

I pureed fresh sweet seedless watermelon (Paul's), some Limeade, vodka, and club soda for the most delicious cocktail on the planet. Dangerous, but delicious. It was so tasty that you forget that there is alcohol! Be careful.

It went well with the Red snapper Ceviche, and the scallops with marmalade, and radish, cuc, and bibb salad, and the crab cakes with Avocado mousse!, but we also started a Rose, a chard, and a pinot, that well with the Flat Iron steak, and Mahi Mahi, (they were out of Halibut), etc.

I hope everyone had a delicious Fourth! I know that there are those who did not, and they have a special place....
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:23 am

Sounds like YOU know how to celebrate! :D
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Chris Rogers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Far East End Wasteland

by Chris Rogers » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:32 am

Could you elaborate on the recipe for this concoction? I am thinking of making some and would like to know the right mix. Sounds yummy - especially on a hot summer day.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
—Mark Twain
no avatar
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

Fresh Watermelon Juice In Hawaii

by Ray W. » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:49 pm

Speaking of watermelon juice...There is an excellent Caribbean eatery albeit in Hawaii Kai, Oahu that actually has Fresh Watermelon Juice on it's beverage menu...The owner has such a love and fascination with Jamaican culture that she actually leaves Hawaii at least once a year to visit Jamaica and it's local people...O' Well, if you're gonna leave paradise for a couple of weeks might as well go to another island paradise...Her Cha Cha Cha Salsaria interior actually has the look and feel of a Jerk Chicken stand...complete with tin roof, reggae music, and a large glass container of the chilled fresh watermelon juice that she keeps on the counter...Smart move because we tend to eat and drink with our eyes... Ono stuff, that watermelon juice...and O' yeah...The Fresh Fish & Veggies burritos or the Jerk Chicken burritos are pretty good too...

Cha Cha Cha Salsaria
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

punch

by Heather Y » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:23 pm

chris you have a PM
no avatar
User

Chris Rogers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Far East End Wasteland

by Chris Rogers » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:40 pm

Thanks again Heather. Now if I can just get to the market to get all the ingredients! This is my last week at work so I am planning on throwing a batch of this punch together to celebrate Friday evening.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
—Mark Twain
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:42 pm

Oh come on Heather! Don't keep this a secret, I would like the recipe too! :)
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

by Heather Y » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:09 pm

No Secrets!

Watermelon Punch
6 cups watermelon juice (to make, purée fresh seedless watermelon)
One 3 oz. can frozen limeade
6 cups vodka-I used four.... it depends on your level of taste.
1 liter chilled club soda
Watermelon wedges

In a serving bowl, combine watermelon juice, limeade and vodka. Refrigerate until cold. Then add ice and chilled club soda; garnish with small watermelon wedges.