Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: La Rosita taqueria on Westport Road

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 am

Resurrecting an old post to say I finally got to this La Rosita (now called La Rosita Sol) place I'd heard about from friends, and it did not disappoint. The asada, al pastor, and barbacoa tacos were huge, delicious, and only $2.50 each - not a bad increase from the $1.75 that Steve paid eight years ago! I was looking forward to trying the lengua, but sadly they were out of tongue on Saturday.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:08 pm

It's really a nice place. When I worked out that way for a couple of years I used to go there for lunch often. (The Middle Eastern bakery just a couple of doors east in the same strip is worthy, too.)
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Jeff, I am so glad you resurrected this thread...had forgotten all about it, and on my way down Westport Road several times a month to El Nopal, I pass La Rosita. I always thought it to be a small ethnic grocery...did not know about the restaurant. I went today and had two Al Pastor and one lengua taco.

I tried both the red and the green sauce...preferred the red. I think they had more meat than any other taqueria I have visited.

Add my usual diet coke (this one from a can)...and my total was under $10...I stuffed a couple of bucks in the tip jar and left a "happy camper"!

I might have to make them a weekly stop.
Previous