Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Sallie H

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Wedding reception

by Sallie H » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:02 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum.

My fiance and I are planning a small wedding - 45 people + 2 lovey doveys. I thought that it may be nice (and simple) to try to have a reception that is just in a restaurant around town. Does anyone know of one that can accomodate a party this size? Has anyone done this? Thanks!
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi Sally! We would be more than happy to take care of your dining needs. I can do a custom menu for you if you like and we have a full bar and micro-brews on tap as well. What day is your event? Thanks, Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Kara Lewis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:34 am

Louisville, KY

by Kara Lewis » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:19 pm

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner in the upstairs room at the Irish Rover. I'm not sure, but it seems like it would hold that many. I don't know what your budget is, but the Rover was very friendly to our budget! It is a bit more casual, but we thought it was just lovely, and they did a great set-up. Everyone had a great time.
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 pm

When my husband and I visited Bistro New Albany last weekend, the first thing I said was,"this would be a great place for either a rehearsal dinner/wedding respetion." It's very romantic. You should check it out. Plus the food is fabulous! **Note to Dave...if I keep this up, your gonna have to put me on the payroll!** haha But you can only pay me w/ food!
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:39 pm

Steaks are on me DeeDee!
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:12 pm

Dave, don't tease me like that! I hope Sallie checks out your place. You'll have to keep me posted!
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:41 pm

Yes, and perhaps I can spell her name correctly too! Sorry Sallie! I'm serious about the steaks too but you have to introduce yourself or the deal is off...
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:20 pm

Therre's a pretty comprehensive list of venues at http://www.LouisvilleWeddingNetwork.com
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:10 pm

Dave, so if Sallie has her wedding there I "earn" the steaks, or all I is all I have to do is came in a introduce myself and those sweet babies are mine???
no avatar
User

AshleyChesman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 pm

Piazza di Felice/Melillo'

by AshleyChesman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Sallie,
Piazza di Felice is a WONDERFUL place to hold a wedding---there have been a few there in the past--mine being one. And, Melillo's would love to cater it for you! You can give Jeff Tatman a call at 502.568.4858 for the room space and call me at 502.540.9975 if you're interested in catering. You can check us out at http://www.melillos.com.

Thanks,
Ashley
no avatar
User

AshleyChesman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Gallery House

by AshleyChesman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:59 pm

Leah s wrote:Therre's a pretty comprehensive list of venues at http://www.LouisvilleWeddingNetwork.com

Yeah, I just looked at your(Gallery House) website for like 20 minutes...the pictures of those cakes are INCREDIBLE!!! I just made a car cake for someone's 16th birthday---which I thought looked good...unitl I saw yours!! Those are BEAUTIFUL!!
no avatar
User

AshleyChesman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Gallery House

by AshleyChesman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:00 am

Leah s wrote:Therre's a pretty comprehensive list of venues at http://www.LouisvilleWeddingNetwork.com

Yeah, I just looked at your(Gallery House) website for like 20 minutes...the pictures of those cakes are INCREDIBLE!!! I just made a car cake for someone's 16th birthday---which I thought looked good...unitl I saw yours!! Those are BEAUTIFUL!!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:33 am

Ah sucks. . . and thanks! :)

After a few years of just doing cakes, one does learn a couple of tricks.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:09 am

DeeDee D wrote:Dave, so if Sallie has her wedding there I "earn" the steaks, or all I is all I have to do is came in a introduce myself and those sweet babies are mine???
(2) steaks are on me!! All you have to do is introduce yourself. I like to meet folks that say such groovy stuff about our little place. (Just leave a good tip for the server)
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:39 pm

:oops: OK, still typing too fast on the new site, too.

Ah shucks . . . is what I meant to say.

So you guys know how to read what I intended to type, rather than what I really type, right?
Next