Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Taiwanese restaurant, hotel planned for old Eiderdown spot

by Rich S » Wed May 15, 2024 1:14 pm

From Business First:

A new boutique hotel and Taiwanese-American restaurant are coming to the former Eiderdown building in Germantown.

Developer Brian Goodwin, co-owner of Darling’s and the High Horse, and a group of partners purchased the three-story building at 983 Goss Ave. in early May for $850,000, according to Jefferson County Property Valuation Administrator records. ...

The ownership group plans to invest about a $1 million renovating the property. The ground floor restaurant will be operated by Ming Pu, the culinary director of Brand Hospitality, who currently oversees the New American cuisine at Brooklyn and the Butcher, The Exchange Pub & Kitchen and OutCast Fish and Oyster Bar, all in New Albany, Indiana.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Taiwanese restaurant, hotel planned for old Eiderdown sp

by Iggy C » Thu May 16, 2024 9:19 am

Hey, that’s great news! I’m both glad to see that building get a tenant, and excited to see that it’s a Taiwanese place! Sounds fun. I seem to remember hearing that the building had some pretty serious issues, so I was worried it might stay vacant. Happy to see that’s not the case.