Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mirage Express Mediterranean Restaurant

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Mirage Express Mediterranean Restaurant

by Rich S » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:47 pm

Mirage Express opened last week at 4000 Dutchmans Lane, replacing Peking City Express, and I checked it out on Saturday. In addition to its regular menu (kabobs, shawarma, etc.) it had a steam table with a half-dozen daily specials, including Moroccan chicken (which I wound up getting), lamb with orzo, vegetable stew with eggplant and a ground beef dish. The woman working there was very nice; she offered me samples of the specials before I ordered, and gave me some free baklava with my food.

I’m not very familiar with Mediterranean food, so I can’t say how authentic the Moroccan chicken was, but I enjoyed it and will go back to try more of the menu. My order cost $15 and included the chicken, rice, a side salad and pita bread. It was easily enough food for dinner and then lunch the next day.

Mirage Express has a few tables if you want to eat there, but I think it’s primarily a carry-out operation. It’s connected with the Mirage restaurant on Preston Highway and seems to have the same menu.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Mirage- ... 365794353/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Mirage Express Mediterranean Restaurant

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:35 pm

I'm sorry to see Peking City Express go, but Mirage sounds good. Thanks as always for the report, Rich!