Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Brasserie Provence Celebrates Bastille Day July 14

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Brasserie Provence holds their annual Bastille Day Celebration Saturday, July 14 starting at 5pm, with FRENCHAXE playing their Original French Music from 6:00-9:00pm!

In addition to live music, Provence will offer "Let Them Eat Steak & Cake" specials, as well as drink specials throughout the evening. The Saturday Plat du Jour will consist of a 10oz Sirloin Steak specially priced at $25, Bottles of French Rosé will be available for $17.89 each, a celebratory Champagne cocktail will be offered at $14, and a Special Bastille Cake dessert will be available at $9.

LIBERTÉ EGALITÉ FRATERNITÉ - Joyeux Quatorze Juillet!

Reservations can be made by calling 883-3153 or online at http://www.brasserieprovence.com

Brasserie Provence is located at 150 North Hurstbourne Parkway in the Forum Shopping Center
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Brasserie Provence Celebrates Bastille Day July 14

by TP Lowe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:46 am

One of my favorites -
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:36 am

Robin Garr wrote:Brasserie Provence holds their annual Bastille Day Celebration Saturday, July 14 starting at 5pm, .....Provence will offer "Let Them Eat Steak & Cake" specials, as well as drink specials.....
Unfortunately, what they *DIDN'T* offer was adequate seating.... Our experience:
"My wife and I were really looking forward to our evening @ Brasserie Provence tonight. But it "crashed and burned" before it ever got started! We arrived on time for dinner and were met at the front by the manager/owner. We were taken to a very small 2-top table that was obviously not going to be adequate for my 6'6", 300 lb. size. I asked if we might be moved to one of the numerous other larger tables or booths that were already set up for 2 dinners. I was told rather brusquely that *all* of the other empty table were "spoken for" and no other options were available. I responded that, well...*one* other option was available and we headed for the door. *Amazingly*, all of a sudden a number of those "spoken-for" tables became magically available but honestly, at this point I had no respect for nor interest in dining at Brasserie Provence. We drove 6 blocks over to Z's and had a great evening!"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:23 am

Well, that's too bad, Willie. I'm disappointed to hear that. Glad you ended up with a dinner you enjoyed, though! :)