Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: LMPD raid/shut down Bardstown Rd bar

by Susanne Smith » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:05 am

On a lighter note. I was (long ago mind you) locked in Cahoots overnight, before it was Cahoots. In the morning we were starving and still without our freedom. so we called KY Fried. who most graciously sent a delivery person to the door, where he proceeded to (I'm not making this up) exchange our cash for individual pieces of chicken stuffed through the mail slot. No illegal searches were performed, thank god. If we had been searched, there is the strong possibility that the Shady Lane Cafe would not exist, that I would have never had to work 15 hour days, or watch enthralled as disgruntled cogs in the machine ate our burgers and proceeded to break into ecstatic smiles. Just say "maybe" to drugs. It's the alcohol that kills you. Chow.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:08 am

JustinHammond wrote:

These searches are not happening at random. The searches are happening where they need to be. I'm guessing the people against the pat down have never been in Cahoots.

You would be wrong. And exactly who determines what place is "sketchy" and therefore allows warrantless searches?
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:34 am

Illegal stops and searches don't just happen in " the hood." I have a good friend that happens to be black and lives in Oldham County in a very nice neighborhood. She drives a very nice car. She is 60 years old. Almost every time she drives the stretch of road between her house (in a primarily white area BTW) and Anchorage she is stopped by the police. Damn near every time. She hasn't broken any laws, hasn't made a traffic violation , they just stop her to check her license and registration. I've followed her and seen it happen. There can't be more than 3 or 4 cops in the area and it's been going on for several years. She tolerates it as being what she has to pay for being a successful black woman. Would you? Your attitude of "don't do nothing and there won't be nothing" is woefully naive and, I think, is born of a lazy attitude of "if it ain't me I don't care."
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:04 am

Carla G wrote: Almost every time she drives the stretch of road between her house (in a primarily white area BTW) and Anchorage she is stopped by the police.

Anchorage police or LMPD? There are probably ways to get that sorted out ...
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:16 am

Carla-
Your friend is clearly guilty. Guilty of DWB.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:43 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Carla G wrote: Almost every time she drives the stretch of road between her house (in a primarily white area BTW) and Anchorage she is stopped by the police.

Anchorage police or LMPD? There are probably ways to get that sorted out ...

Seriously. This has me seeing red.
:twisted:
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:29 am

That is ridiculous. What can be done? :evil:
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 am

RonnieD wrote:That is ridiculous. What can be done? :evil:

A few good folks sitting down for a civil chat with the mayor of Anchorage might be one good place to start. LMPD could be a tougher nut to crack, but I'd probably start by angling for an interview with Mayor Greg.
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:42 am

I will finish my part of this conversation and stick to food posts.

I hope it all works out for everyone....I just don't see our country coming together to make us better...there will always be someone with a beef....I am not going to be that person with a beef....and I will continue to ask what the big deal is....obviously this is a big deal to many other people. I don't care to change your minds. Your problems are not my problems, I guess, so I have the attitude that I have.

Good luck all!
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:44 am

Richard S. wrote:
Steve Kluesner wrote:Getting back to the cash thing, if you are doing no wrong, then it should be easy to prove the cash is yours. How often does this happen? I know people that carry a minimum of $2000 with them at all times....and have more at their homes. Never met anyone in which law enforcement stole money from them. If I was a drug dealer, I would probably tell the cop I was going to get some dental work done, probably some caps being put on.

I'm going to have to differ on this one. Unwarranted police seizure of cash is becoming a major problem in this country as departments start depending on those seizures to fill out their budgets,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/invest ... and-seize/

so don't carry cash....problem solved
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 am

Matt C wrote:And steve the only reason I say this is because its what iv seen in my 25 years in bars and high end places . I like the police they aren't all bad people and god knows I woudnt want to live w out them . But freedom has to be for all . And searching someone with out warrent is wrong wrong wrong

I guess I am just too straight and narrow......didn't realize there was so much criminal activity......glad I live in the sticks
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Steve Kluesner wrote:
Richard S. wrote:
Steve Kluesner wrote:Getting back to the cash thing, if you are doing no wrong, then it should be easy to prove the cash is yours. How often does this happen? I know people that carry a minimum of $2000 with them at all times....and have more at their homes. Never met anyone in which law enforcement stole money from them. If I was a drug dealer, I would probably tell the cop I was going to get some dental work done, probably some caps being put on.

I'm going to have to differ on this one. Unwarranted police seizure of cash is becoming a major problem in this country as departments start depending on those seizures to fill out their budgets,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/invest ... and-seize/

so don't carry cash....problem solved

Or better yet, don't leave the house. And while your at it, give up any other rights you might still be clinging to. It's like telling women to stop wearing skirts if they don't want to be sexually assaulted.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Steve Kluesner wrote:I will finish my part of this conversation and stick to food posts.

I hope it all works out for everyone....I just don't see our country coming together to make us better...there will always be someone with a beef....I am not going to be that person with a beef....and I will continue to ask what the big deal is....obviously this is a big deal to many other people. I don't care to change your minds. Your problems are not my problems, I guess, so I have the attitude that I have.

Good luck all!

Wouldn't it be great if it really worked this way. It doesn't. One day you WILL be that person with a beef. If you believe in justice for yourself then you must believe in justice for all. Some justice here and less justice there or some justice some days and not others is neither fair nor viable.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Steve Kluesner wrote:.

I just take anything said in forums as "opinion" and I don't try to push my beliefs on others....other than saying which restaurant has the best calamari.

Let's hear it. Who has the best calamari? :wink:
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Ray Griffith wrote:Let's hear it. Who has the best calamari? :wink:

Easy peasy- Mussel & Burger Bar!